June 5, 2011

relay for life.


friday was amazing.
of course, any time i spend with my best friends is going to be amazing. but friday was relay for life. this is the second year i got to walk for the fancher family. they walk in memory of their grandmother, someone that i never met but have a lot of respect for. i am really grateful to get to walk in her memory every year with my second family.
relay for life is one of the most inspirational sights that i've witnessed. my heart soars when i see all those people- survivors, caregivers, family, friends- all working to earn as much money as possible to fight cancer. watching them brings me so much joy, so much HOPE.
it's nice to see families taking this opportunity to celebrate lost loved ones. i love seeing the light the luminaries that represent those lost. i am touched every time, as well as envious. i wish that i could celebrate my uncle at relay. but i guess i can just do that daily by living for him.
i basically just want to thank the fancher's for letting me be a part of their relay team, and their family. they're the most stable piece of my life, and i couldn't be more grateful. they're the sisters i've always dreamed of having, and the second opinion parental guidance that i've always searched for. everything about those people is perfect to me.
i can't wait for next year's relay. i'm excited to watch the hope grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment