June 30, 2011

movie buff

i'm a movie buff, the type of person that could spend every evening curled up in a blanket watching a good movie. everyone has their favorites. so do i. these are my top ten, in no particular order. enjoy.


"remember me" is my favorite of my favorites.
it's a story of finding strength when everything falls apart,
joy in nothing but loss.
i've heard a lot of people say they don't like this moving because it's "too depressing"
i, however, find it enlightening.
there's no "happily ever after". there's just "ever after".
and ever after is however you make it.
the movie stays true to it's dominant quote:
"everything you do in life will be insignificant, but it's important that you do it anyways."


 i'm a child at heart.
every night i fall asleep watching a disney movie in order to prevent nightmares.
it's been like that forever, and it's just become a habit.
"hercules" has gotta be my favorite disney movie.
don't get me wrong, i love the classics like aladin, mulan, lion king, beauty and the beast.
but hercules stays to the story of finding the true you, standing alone as long as it's for something, and staying true to your family and friends.
i'm also a fan of greek mythology. what're you gonna do.


every softball player is a fan of this movie.
until they make a movie true to softball, women playing baseball is as good as we're gonna get.
this superb movie shows women as strong, competitive athletes.
gotta love it!


 yes. i'm one of "them".
my name's tasha, and i'm a harry potter addict.
i have read the series four times through.
i've watched each movie more times than i can count.
harry potter and the deathly hollows part 1 was PERFECT.
i don't even know what to begin to think about part 2.
i grew up with the harry potter series.
i remember reading the first book in third grade. the series end comes out the summer before i leave for college.
i feel like harry is my brother.
my dad is named james after all.


baby mama is my feel good, need-a-laugh movie. 
every time i watch this movie i find something new to laugh at.
i wish that tina fey and amy poehler were my mothers...
they are two of the most hilarious people on this planet, after will ferrell.
this movie can always put me in a good mood.



 i wish my life was a musical. even for just one day.
i could die happy the day that everyone simultaneously breaks into song and dance.
mamma mia is my musical.
it's happy, upbeat, lighthearted.
it's everything i would want my life's musical to be.
and it features some of the best actors: amanda seyfried, meryl streep, pierce brosnan.
someone choreograph my life please.


pearl harbor is a great movie.
nonfiction this story is touching, inspiring, beautiful.
but then to remember that this really happened, pearl harbor really happened,
the story gains an unlimited amount of depth.
this movie never fails to bring me to tears.
at multiple times of the movie.
call me a cry baby,
i'll call you stupid.


the dark knight...
batman is my favorite super hero.
and he's a real hero, so i'll punch you if you say otherwise.
batman is cooler than every other hero because he's human.
he's a human that takes initiative in life and stands up for what he believes in and just gets crap done.
now i'm not saying, everyone should go trapezing through gotham, but everyone should have the character of bruce wayne.
also, i love the joker. he's crazy. he's cynical. he's terrible. he's perfect.

letters to juliet is my chick flick.
it's not my bawl-my-eyes-out-like-a-little-girl chick flick.
it's my make-my-heart-smile chick flick.
i love amanda seyfried; she's brilliant.
i love that this story is about second chances and taking opportunities.
it shows that true love never dies,
but it shows it in an inspiring way, rather than a broken heart way.
a story of never giving up on love. perfect.

okay, so i have two disneys on this list.
but this is for a different reason.
toy story 3 is great.
it's a childrens movie, but it's so directed at 18 year olds.
all the emotions are connected to that kid that is giving up their childhood roots to leave for college.
i feel for andy an inmense amount in this movie.
it's making the break. it's on to bigger and better things.
and it sucks.
but toy story 3 does not suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment