June 5, 2011

it all started with a little girl, a dream, and a bat

"Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back... play for her."


"It's not just any sport, it's not just throwing a ball, hitting and running. I live with the cheering of my players while I'm up to bat. I live with the red stitches of the softball rubbing against my fingers when I snap my wrist and let it fly. I live with mistakes every day in it, and I live learning them. I live on the pitchers mound where I need complete confidence in my self. I live with snapping my wrist to the catcher and getting the batter out, a perfect strike. I live not only for my teammates, but for myself. I live for fastpitch softball."


"four bases, three strikes, two teams, one winner. my dream, my sport, my future."


i can tell you this right now, this is the best sport in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment